White flour 4 C
Unsalted butter. 1 #
Sugar. 1/2 C
Kosher salt. 1/4 tsp
Rhubarb 1/2 #
Sugar 1 Cup
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Spearmint 4 sprigs
1 Egg, whisked
1. Cut the butter in small chunks
2. Using a mixer, add the flour, salt and sugar. Pulse to mix the ingredients.
3. Gradually add the chopped butter and egg, then water in small amounts (the dough should be wet but dry)
4. Pulse in the mixer to incorporate
5. Remove from mixer, knead by hand for 5 minutes.
6. Let the dough rest until filling is complete and cooled.
Preheat oven to 350
1. Clean and wash rhubarb. Cut in 1 inch pieces.
2. Add all ingredients to a pot and cook until rhubarb is macerated (Aprox. 20 minutes).
3. Cool to room temperature.
4. Measure dough to 2 ounce balls. Use a rolling pin, roll out the dough to slightly overlap the muffin tin.
5. Lightly oil the muffin tin to prevent any sticking.
6. Place dough in to each muffin whole, then fill with rhubarb filling.
7. Using only finger tips, fold dough by overlapping one piece with the other.
8. Brush the egg was on the outside and sprinkle with a little sugar.
9. Bake until delightfully golden brown.
10. Devour :)
Rodnisha O. Intern - Spring 17